Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Disturbing trend..

In the last month and a half or so, I have noticed "The Collective", are organizing some sort of coup.

First there is this. The volume at which they do all things. It has gotten loud in Casa De Dust. (I might mention here as well, we have a modest home, so I can HEAR EVERYTHING).

So the talking volume has went from about a 3 to a 6. Holy crap. Oh, and there is the added bonus of the screaming. Ick. "Pink Ninja" is the worst at the screaming. She screams when she is laughing, when she is unhappy. She is loud. I will add here, she is louder than me. Oh and the screeching, ouchhh. The other bad news here is that her teeny voice is so off the scale high pitched, it reverberates in my skull, pinging....

My threshold for noise...is like a 4 tops. So this development has made me edgy. I overload on auditory stimuli easily. '

There are rules that have ALWAYS existed in my home, NO yelling. I do not like it. I really do not like it.

So the three of us sat down tonight, and we talked about it. They still do not get it. I am sure they are almost 3 and 4 1/2.....when they heard me say "You guys, Mommy really can't stand loud noise, it drives her crazy." There was a twinkle noted in each of they're eyes.

I am sure this conversation has caused them to come at me as a sort of united front. It is my guess tomorrow might bring more of this noise.

my head hurts...There are still words and screeches pinging loosely in my skull...O
OUCH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you figure out how to turn it down, tell me!!!!