Thursday, October 05, 2006

Caged Animals...

So I am over at SpouseBuzz this morning, and I read a piece submitted by Andi. Hillarious certainly.

There are a lot of things that are not fun about being a military spouse.

The first and foremost deployments, and all that comes with them.

Second, I would have to say are the odd questions I am asked. These questions are particulary more frequent being in a town filled with civilians.

I have seriously, had people ask TERRIBLE things, and say things to me that I can never imagine saying to anyone.

One of those things "Well you knew when you got married what you signed up for".

The other "How do you know he isn't cheating on you?"

oh, and my favorite "so did he have to kill anybody?"

Sometimes grown people are ignorant....



“Umm, Sir. What is it?”

“Well, ladies and gentlemen, what you are looking at is called ‘the Military Spouse.’”

Collective Oooo-ing and ahhh-ing. Hands go up all over the room.

“Ahh, yes,” the tour guide says, “you in the back row.”

“Yeah.. umm.. How is it made?”

“Very good question. Well, you see, a member of the Armed Forces, in this case, a Marine, marries one of these creatures and they become ‘the military spouse.’”


Go over and give it a read, I am sure you will enjoy it.

No comments: