Friday, October 20, 2006

One Piece at a Time

I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round.

~Johnny Cash

Today I walked in the hallway bathroom, after cleaning it for the third time today, and I this is what I immediately thought.

"They are trying to kill me"
"What in the hell goes on in here?"

I find myself saying those 2 phrases a lot. No certainly not out loud. But there is a certain phraseology that goes pinging through my head on certain days....

"The Collective", are destroying the house one piece at a time. I should have taken shop in high school. My time would have been better spent in a class called how to fix crap in your house, that falls apart, or kids break...

The favorite room de jour to destroy.

The hallway bathroom, which is the guest bathroom, and they're bathroom as well.

2 months ago Dash was swinging from the towel bar. (which he had been told not to do about 20 times) Yeah it broke. It was a cheap towel bar, but still. It is like having monkeys live in the house.

So there is no towel rack in the bathroom.

I think DH, was more pissed off than I was. DH, also is keeping a mental list of things we will break when we visit Dash when he is in his first home. I think towel rack made the list, I also am sure DH will put LEGOS on the floor by Dash's bed when he is sleeping. Payback is hell.

Pink Ninja, just dismantled the little plunger that reroutes water from the faucet to the showerhead. Nice. I tried to fix the damn thing for about 10 minutes tonight. I am sure a part or something is missing. Oh DH, please do not forget to put that on the list of paybacks.

At this rate, the house should be completely destroyed in about 6 months.

Ummm....yeah the list is growing.

One piece at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we get together. I think it should be your house first. Might as well as get all the destruction done in one night and at one house. ;-)... Sigh... then they would just repeat it here. Still... they just might get most of it out of their system. GRIN