Thursday, October 12, 2006

Extreme tampons?

I was just sitting here sipping a turkey and coke watching television with DH, when I see a commercial for THIS.

For the sake of Pete. A high performance tampon? I mean it might be a fantastic tampon. The BEST tampon on the planet. I have not tried it so I will not say anything about the quality of said product.

I do want to know which marketing team at Playtex won out with this idea? My guess is the "EXTREME team" . You know the four douchebag, skateboarding, marketing guys that are turning every product into EXTREME toothpaste, EXTREME bread, ultra performance water. I seriously have doubts if this tampon marketing team was made of women. I just doubt it. Women would have created a quieter packaging, or a free coupon for chocolate at the bottom of every box, perhaps a $1.00 off coupon for midol. Something useful..But high performance? We are not buying it.


The announcer on the commercial even lauds a "no slip grip applicator". Has anyone ever had a tampon accident due to slipping? I do not think I want to know, but really a no-slip applicator? That is just plain silly.


Playtex, my suggestion to you, loose the skateboarding 18 year old male marketing team....I do not need the bag boy at Krogers handing me my sports tampons and saying "Dude......These tampons are supposed to ROCK.."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO! Dudette, you rock!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! I've had my doubts about those marketing kids for quite awhile now. *g*

Donna O said...

Somehow reminds me of that spoof commercial from In Living Color (I think) where the girl dives into the pool and her tampon soaks up all the water.

On a side note, I don't get applicators. My feeling has always been, real women use O.B.s.

Johnny Virgil said...

I especially like the green radioactive glow in their picture to indicate their superness.