Sir Rowland requested Waldorf Salad, almost every meal in Georgia. We found 2 different variations of the classic recipe.
Here is the current favorite version.
* 4 medium sized apples, cubed
* 3 stalks of celery, chopped
* 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
* 1/2 cup low fat yogurt, plain
* 1/3 cup raisins
* 1TBS of lemon juice
* cinnamon to taste
1. Combine apples, celery, raisins, and walnuts in a bowl. Stir.
2. Add yogurt and stir all ingredients together.
3. Chill to blend flavors or enjoy right away.
*As my reader Vet66 always suggests, toast the nuts prior to adding them to the salad!!
This is a delicious, and nutricious summer salad or snack!!