Sunday, June 24, 2007

Today was a satisfying and busy day



As a Mother, there are nights when I head to bed, and beat myself up for how I handled things, and run the plays of what I could have done better today" thing.

Tonight is not one of those nights.

Tonight I am satisfied and will sleep hard.

We went to church, behavior was good.

We went out to lunch, behavior was excellent, and The Collective were great company.


We came home, and although I atempted, and failed at repairing a tricycle for Pink Ninja she was still able to ride it. (Barefoot, and in her swimsuit no less)

They dug in the dirt, and found a spoon, that was left here by a previous owner. Which doesn't sound like much, but when you are 3 and 5, a spoon buried in the yard holds great mystery, particulary when you just dig at random.

There was dressing for church. (After a week of discussing how milk is not cow urine, and milk, and an entire week of good old fashioned farm animal education about mammals and nursing.

AWTM: "what should Mom wear to church guys, pink or orange?"

Sir Rowland: "how about an orange boobie dohicky, and a pink shirt."

AWTM: "I do not have an orange bra."

Sir Rowland: "bra?"

Pink Ninja: "you mean a boobie trap?"

Sir Rowland and I collapsed in laughter, because she is right.

There was swimming, and a water fight.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Swinging in the hammock out back, not particulary comfortable, but sweet, and having The Collective ask me, when there will be more Brothers and Sisters. They want 5 more. And the look of disappointment on their faces when I told them "I think we are done having babies guys".

Sir Rowland earned his Leapster back, with the new rule of "30 minutes only please". And when the time was up, and I announced to him (cringing on the inside and waiting for an argument), that I needed the game back.

He said: "here you go."

And those 3 little words, in addition to a wonderful day, made tears come to my eyes.....

And now I sit, ready to do dishes, and laundry. I am staring at 6 bags of clothing that no longer fit these little people, and a shabby chic crib set that will NEVER be used again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL re the boobie trap!