Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rudy



Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for instance.
~John Ruskin, The Stones of Venice, 1851

You can take no credit for beauty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul's own doing.
~Marie Stopes


I have an appointment at the salon Thursday. I am very "rooty" right now, and look spooky. So I had to break down and make an appointment. And this time, I am breaking down and going brunette. I swear. I know I say that every time, but this time I am serious as a heart attack.

DH is gone, I have no where to go, and frankly I can hardly stand to go in for maintainence hair care, not now. Especially right now, with the single parenting thing going on, while DH is at school. The only "places" I have to go are the gym, pool, library, church etc. No big events, or anything pressing going on right now.

All of the sitters I know, are either on vacation or on "mission" trips.

So I will be taking "The Collective" with me to The Salon.

I figure I can take nail file, and fix up Pink Ninja's nails and let her watch all things beauty. Sir Rowland, should have earned enough good behavior points to be able to have his leaptser back. I will also be swinging by McDonalds so they can snack while I am getting a color.

I seriously thought about coloring it myself, but oye....honestly I just refuse to. I do not need to ruin my hair. I just don't. I have VERY FINE, and THIN natuarally curly hair. I do not need to burn it.

Hopefully going back to my roots, will help rid myself of the hassle. Although I could be going gray. I do have a patch, where last time I checked, I get about 5 stray gray hairs. I pulled them out, and have refused to check them again.

Gray hair would mean, I am aging.

So Thursday, I will be a brunette.

I think.

No comments: