Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summer is hot

It was a hot one today, like 92 with an icky amount of humidity. No wind. Sort of like walking through a steam shower.

I took The Collective to the park this morning before the heat became a factor. Lucky me, the behavior was a factor. They got one chance and we left.

AWTM is not playing...

So we came home and made DH is stepping stones for Fathers Day. Beleive it or not, not much mess at all.

WE played in the sand. Moved some plants around, watered, weeded( never ending), and piddled around.

The Collective asked for watermelon....I have been putting that off, even though WATERMELN IS SOOOOO my favorite. You could put a candle in a watermelon for my birthday and I would be happy.

So we went down the road to my little man and bought 4 crook neck squash, 4 cucumbers, 5 tomatoes, a HUGE WATERMELON, and a pint of blueberries, that were just picked yesterday.

I remember when my brother and I were younger, we used to take the radio flyer across the highway and load it with watermelons from the neighbors field. We would eat just the very reddest centers from them....for hours we would sit and eat the centers of the best black diamond watermelons in the state...

Sweet because we stole them?

maybe

The watermelon I bought today was $7.99

HOLY MOSES.

I was told by Stacy, that the crook neck squash fried up , are good on tomato sandwiches. We are going to try it this week.

Tonight we had bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.

The entire pound of bacon gone...

Oh and since I watered the yard a bit, and the flower gardens....it is gonna rain!

No comments: