Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Welcome to the land of tissue, and croup...

Ick. Ick. It is that time of the year. Cold and Flu season, which seems to strike with extra verve this year. Since I did not have "institutionalized children", my children have not been exposed to " typical bugs". So now it seems as though we are getting our share of icky germs. It does not help that The Collective and I suffer from seasonal allergies. This makes it easier for us to get bugs, as we are sneezing, mucusy, and have our hands to our faces 50% of the day. Gross.

Pink Ninja's "cold/flu virus" has turned into what I am guessing is some sort of viral croup. Ouch. She is better this morning, but she spent yesterday with that sharp sounding seal cough, and sounding like Brendad Viccaro. Sir Rowland, has a loose cough, and is dark under his eyes, and is grouchy, I have cheeckbones, and sinus that ache so badly I cannot move my eyes.

Needless to say, it is the most awesome house to be in right now. Loads of fun, seriously. Just ask DH who has shlepping tissues, Loads of fun.

Last night, I managed to go to bed by 8:30pm. This NEVER happens, as I am an insomniac by nature. I just do not "go to sleep well". I couldn't read,my eyes/and cheeks, hurt so badddly, and I could not watch television. Even though I had just recieved How The WEst Was Won from my Netflix que. I really wanted to watch it. No dice.

So I went to bed, and slept until 11:30, and then was up every hour or so until 6am. Ridiculous, really.

Tonight I have my "CPR recert" , from 5:30pm-9:30pm. That seems a little late, hoping since there are only a few of us in class we can knock it out and go home.

No comments: