Friday, October 19, 2007

back to school

I found a place to get my CEU's!!

Hoooray, because also you will note the price as el-cheapo. Sigh.
I also sent the link to the woman in charge of licensure, asking if they would accept credits. She returned my message with a YES. Ahhhh.....


So now instead of paying $32.00 for a course.

I will pay $28.00 for the entire 20 hours I need!

Hooray.

This was very good news for me. And now I get to decide which CEU's I want to take.




Understanding Breast Changes: A Health Guide for Women 2

Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI) 2

Diabetic Neuropathy: The Nerve Damage of Diabetes 2

Colon Cancer: Stages and Treatment 2

Medications for Treating Depression 2

Leishmaniasis (explanation below) 1.5

United States military activity in the Middle East carries with it not only war wounds, but infections and other diseases which are brought back to the U.S. when troops return. One of the diseases many soldiers may contract while deployed in the Middle East is leishmaniasis. Of 20,000 soldiers that returned to Fort Campbell, Kentucky in late 2003 and early 2004, five percent had skin complaints; of those five percent, twenty-five percent were diagnosed with cutaneous leishmaniasis. It may not be unexpected to see patients with leishmaniasis in the civilian clinical or nursing setting once these soldiers are released from active military service and return to the civilian sector. Civilian travelers to other countries where leishmaniasis is endemic may also return to the U.S. with the disease. The differential diagnosis of any non-healing ulcer on a patient who has traveled to such an area should include leishmaniasis.

HIPAA Privacy Rule and Public Health Guidance 2

How Portable is Your Nursing License, Anyway? 2

Hormone Therapy for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Postmenopausal Women 1.5

Prevention of Hepatitis A Through Active or Passive Immunization 3

Looks like I will be busy huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You ARE going to be busy! But congrats, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. You are one brave woman. Congrats!!!