Friday, October 26, 2007

Waiting for the bottem to fall out

That is what they say down here when we are about to get a downpour.

I am sore, sore, sore, congested, and loopy. Yeah yeah, I know, I spend about 75% of my life loopy, but I am serious here. I do not feel myself at all. The bad news is, this "virus" I have seems to be lingering for the long haul. Which is enough to make it irritating.

Yesterday I went to the commissary sick, and on Federal payday, which means I was there with a population of retirees. The best part of that meant, I followed behind a 60-something year old retiree, as he pondered his list. I am guessing his wife sent him out that morning to get him out of her hair. Well hell, he had to call her with every other item on the list. It was entertaining as anything I have seen.

peanut section....

Old Guy on the cell phone: "Hun, there are a lot of different kinds of peanuts, there are roasted in the shell with salt, there are roasted in the shell no salt, there are roasted in the shell low sodium. I have no idea which ones we eat."

bean section.....

Old Guy on the cell phone: "Hun, there are a lot of different kinds of white beans, and I am guessing you could put any of them in soup. There are lima beans, large lima beans, baby lima beans, great nothern beans, navy beans. I have no idea which beans we eat."

orange juice section...

Old Guy on the cell phone: "Hun, there are a lot of different orange juices, there is orange juice with calcium, and pulp, and orange juice that says country style. I do not know what country style means. There is orange juice for chidren, with extra vitamins in it."

His confusion increased with every aisle, as did his agitation. It took him as long to fill up a quarter of his cart, as it did for me to fill up my cart 2 feet above my head. Now I know why I see ambulances at grocery stores, as I am sure these "retirees, just end up having an infarction in the middle of it all.

I was tempted to get on the phone with his Wife, and tell her, she just should have done it herself, because she was wasting "her free time on the phone with him anyway."

It reminded me of these 2 videos



No comments: