Friday, October 05, 2007

Phollow up on the Rhymes with Phroeger incident...

I recieved a phonecall from my LOCAL Rhymes with Phroeger, Pharmacy manager yesterday.


Ahhhh....

It seems as though my phonecall to the home office spurred them calling me back.

Yes that is right rhymes with Phroeger called me back yesterday.

The interesting thing here is, there was still no apology, or admittance of failure on her part.

I was just there at the wrong "times" she claimed.

I reminded her, that in 4 days, we were at the pharmacy 3 times, adding up to 105 minutes of wait time...leaving with our medications only on the last day.

She continued to pass the buck. In phact, she went as phar to place to the blame on the consumers for coming at busy times. EG: morning, lunch, and after work.....

And the most intersting part of this was SHE WAS DEAD SERIOUS.

The bad part of this is, I will continue to use this pharmacy, as the closest one is over 30 minutes away. There is little choice, and of course I can order on-line, but no one has a regular perscription here. Most of presriptions are seasonal (zyrtec for allergies). Most of our prescriptions are those given for short term use.

I will add here, that I continue to be amazed at the customer service that seems to be particular to Arkansas. I am amazed, at what I see around me. SLOW is not the word. Arkansas is its own planet I assure you.

I have tried to adapt to the slower pace down here. Heck we have been here 7 years, and I am a grow where you are planted type of person. Heck I have lived and visited places all across the United States.

But the phrustration I pheel here some days is terrible, and when I see others that do not know the difference, those that can tolerate 105 minutes of time wasted. And do little but shrug the shoulders and smile at me and say "you must be from up North". It kills me.

Well I am simply amazed. I thought perhaps, maybe I wasn't being bendy enough. For 7 years I have told myself, no hurry, calm down.....EASY NOW...but there are some things I like, and I am unwilling to let slide. I like and enjoy when people take a personal responsibility for anything. It really is an epidemic. I promise. I welcome all yawl to visit, if you don't believe it....

I do not like poor work ethic, I do not like wasting time. And I certainly do not want my children to think that is normal....

I will be awaiting the hate mail...

go ahead...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arkansas is its own planet I assure you.

This is SOOOO not an exaggeration. It's one of the things I hate about living here, too. Or you go to Wallyworld and spend hours (or so it seems) in the checkout lines because the checkers are too busy chatting with each other about their boyfriends/husbands/whatever to actually do their job. Drives me insane!!!

Linda said...

yeah, slowing down in the south is HARD to do. But I have to say my "rhymes with Phroeger" experience was much better...but the one and only time I used them was when I was sent home IMMEDIATELY for bed rest when I was pregnant with my DD. I stopped in there to fill my terbutaline (contraction stopper) script, since I didn't want to have to go all the way to post to get it "free". Of course, I had a knock-down, drag-out arguement with the stupid bi-atch who chose to park in the pregnant spot and I had to walk, contracting the entire time, from way at the back of the lot. I let her have it in the entryway, and EVERYONE, but EVERYONE heard me...perhaps that's why the pharmacy was so durned quick about it. Either that, or standing at the window going, "oh, great, there's ANOTHER one" as I doubled over with pain made them realize I needed the meds ASAP. Heck, they handed them to me with a bottle of water and said take one immediately!!!!