Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Brrr....how it goes from 90 down to 48 degrees I will never know.

Tonight, before heading to the comfort of our bed, we had to turn the thermostat to 68. And we moved the little switch to "heat". And then we opened the linen closet, grabbed each of the children an extra blanket for the night.

I am used to unpredictable weather I am. But 48 degrees is just plain ole chilly.

I went on my walk tonight, and couldn't find my ear band, so I grabbed a stocking cap. Frankly I should have grabbed a pair of mittens too. Perfect walking weather, a little drizzly, dark out, quiet, and cool. And instead of garbage Tuesday, tonight I could smell wood burning in various homes. Fireplace time.

I made vegetable and barley soup today, after reading about Tammi's soup. I also made a rhubarb pie. The pie was still warm at dinner, it was very yummy with the ice cream.

Tomorrow is a busy day indeed. Post Office, library day, I also have to run to Red Cross and pay for my class. I get my recert tomorrow evening. It is supposed to take 4 hours....

Also I, the very uncreative and uncrafty Mom, has to make Biblical costumes for The Collective to wear to AWANA Sunday night. Pink Ninja wants to be Mary, and she wants to bring a doll as the baby Jesus. I think I can manage that. Blue draped fabric, and a swaddled infant. Sir Rowland wants to be Joseph with his coat of many colors. I am guessing I can do this, with some fabric glue, and a prayer....

DH and I thought it would be funny to send The Collective in long johns with "leaves " pinned on the appropriate places. I am not sure if anyone would think it was funny, other than me. DH suggest I fashion a large whales head, and leave a place for one of the kids to peak out of for Jonah. But then again this is the same guy someone go as Judas, with 30 coins and a rope. I am not that creative...

It is also that time of the year, when I spend most of my day sniffing, and looking for tissues. Allergy season is in full swing. Which means I feel sick about 50% of the time.

No comments: