Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pentagon makes announcement...

I read about the National Guard deployments in the news yesterday. They announced the states, without announcing them.

You can read the piece here.


For those of you that know me, and know how I found out about my DH' deployments, etc well this gets me every time. There really has to be a better way of finding out.

I read this and cringed...

Officials declined to specify which National Guard combat brigades would be called up. But they will include units from North Carolina, Oklahoma, Illinois and Hawaii, officials told The Associated Press. Some of those being alerted this week have done tours in the war zone already, and others would be going for the first time.



This article says New Jersey guard will be called.

It was also implied, Hawaii, North Carolina (my BIL), Oklahoma, and Illinois National Guards would be deploying.


I am unsure why or how specific states were implicated, the media seems to find out. However, the media has not been wrong yet when it comes down to naming "who" is getting sent.

Frankly I do no think the media is brilliant enough to figure this out.

But I promise you we as a National Guard families, are very tired of finding out about deployments from the media instead of our loved ones...

No comments: