Saturday, January 03, 2009

This is my Wilson....

Today is my Brothers birthday, my sister is headed here for about a week for a visit. She left this morning, and it is foggy. I wish she would have waited for about another hour to leave. Fog makes me nervous.

My house still looks like Christmas threw up. I have tried organizing my mess around here, about 20 times, and I am just going to have to break down and do it for realz.

DH and I both have the weekend off together, and we are at home.....ahhhhhhh. This will not be the case for the rest of the month. DH has to work next weekend, and then the following weekend, we have a family get together happening. In good news, I never have to work a weekend. This is actually a first, in my entire work life. I have always had jobs, where working the weekend was the norm, as were Holidays. So, this is terrific.

I noted in my site meter a couple of days ago that I had been nominated for "Diarist of the year". Amazing, I am not sure who nominated me, I had actually nominated several folks for awards. I know this past year of blogging has not been interesting, or edited for that matter. It was a weird year, full of to do lists, etc. Not much humor or story telling. the blog turned into a laundry list of things that needed to be done, things done etc. A sort of evoloution in a bad direction for a blogger if you ask me. But I have sort of needed the blog as a dumping place, and not as a creative outlet. I think I used to be a little more creative, and now it is where I go to empty my head.

The other night while watching Cast Away with Tom Hanks, I watched as Wilson tumbled off of the raft, and watched him panic....and I thought to myself, what sort of attachment to a non person would cause me to panic like that?

"The Blog".

the blog is my Wilson, it has become a way for me to track my life, most of my REAL friendships, that I care deeply for, were made via this blog....

The blog is my Wilson, and my friends are my raft....

6 comments:

Megan said...

Great analogy, and I feel the same way about mine! :)

vet66 said...

Call it what you may, just keep paddling!

Happy to hear your patience paid off with no weekend duty. Now if we can just get DH on a similar schedule....!

Posting "en vivo" from sin city and the start of a better year than last.

Our decorations will be up until February as it turns out so you are not alone. We dismantle the tree one ornament at a time.

Fermina Daza said...

So true. So true.

Sarah said...

Perfectly said.

I just called you, forgetting that it's Saturday. No need to call back; I was just wanting to hear your voice.

Richmond said...

Wilson indeed... :)

Christmas cleanup is happening here too - not fun. Bleh.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your selection as a finalist in the 2008 Weblog finalists. You have my full endorsement in the Diarist Category. If only it were as easy to make a selection in the Military Category.