Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the thing about blizzards

They come out of nowhere, seriously. DH called me yesterday in the morning, to warn me of snow and wind by the time I picked up the kids...

I looked out the windows all day at work waiting for the weather.....Nothing all day, I almost called the meteorologist a liar.

Nothing, until 10 minutes before I was scheduled to leave work. Then boom wind and snow, to the point you could not see 30 feet in front of you. In fact there was a 27 car pile up on one of the interstates here yesterday after 2 trucks jack knifed....

It made me think of the"School children's blizzard of 1888".....A blizzard that I grew up reading about and hearing about for most of my school age years....

In other news PN is complaining of her left ear hurting...not good. My guess is an ear infection. I did attempt to relieve it with hydrogen peroxide.

I will have to call the Dr. today and see when I can get her in today, which will not be fun I assure you.

Sr just finished a until with his mentor on magnets. Last night we sat and watched as a he presented us with information on declination, and repulsion. He starts oxidation today....

7 comments:

airforcewife said...

I have an ear infection in my left ear, too. Pink Ninja and I should take an afternoon to watch Steel Magnolias together and commiserate with popcorn and M & Ms.

Guard Wife said...

They do sneak up on us, don't they? They were talking about Nebraska on the radio this a.m. & I thought of you.

Hope PN's ear is okay. Earaches are so hard to help.

Be safe!

kd said...

I'm not sure I know what declination is...
A smart cookie! I know you're proud of him :)

Richmond said...

Same thing happens here. Reason why I didn't stir out last night. Yeesh...

Wendy said...

Heh, I called my mother in law at 10 to 6 last night to remind her that she wanted to move her car up to the barn before the storm hit.

At 6 you couldn't see the barn from my window, and the barn is only 15 ft away.

Her car was still in her driveway- I cursed her as I shoveled it out this morning.

Anonymous said...

If I eat a leg, wing, half breast, and thigh, would I be able to present you with information on declination, repulsion, and oxidation? No. Where does SR's power come from? I don't know, but you are truly blessed.

Hoping PN's ear won't hurt much longer ...

Some Soldier's Mom said...

when you do homework with children it always strikes me not how much we remember, but just how much we've forgotton!