Sunday, January 11, 2009

I got two chicken wings and a microphone

We have just returned from church.... oh, if any of you folks would like to sponsor a child in Pakistan to attend school, and provide a food ration for a mere $13.00 per month, let me know. Leave your e-mail address, and I will send you contact information, etc. It would be for 10 months out of the year. I think this is a great idea. you can write letters etc, and progress notes will be sent. This is being done by a missionary couple at our church. I think it is a great idea, and there are only 50 children that have families interested in attending. This would be good for our family to participate in....I think it is an excellent project on many levels. I cannot wait to talk to DH about it tonight. He will be excited. $130 per year is a drop in the bucket for most of us....also you do not have to pay up front, you can give $13.00 at a time. Think about it.....

OK Dokie, today is Sunday which means, I have to prepare all of us for the week. A menu, clothing, a sort of schedule as it were, wash nap blanket and pillow for PN. I am used to sort of winging things, particularly after being "home for 8 years"...which I count myself as beyond blessed to do.

However, winging it, does not seem to cut it any longer, especially on these weekends where DH is not here. I am sort of left to sort all out, and make sure he knows when I need him etc.

Today I am trying to think of what to do with some leftover roast beef, I thought about making beef salad, but what a bunch of work, even though I make the best beef salad on the planet. I am in no mood to get my meat grinder out etc. So I am going to make beef barley soup for dinner, and a salad. Then to plan dinner for the week....

Oye. With this mantra, remember to take meat out of the freezer. Remember you own a crock pot. Someone gave me a crockbook cookbook a few years ago, and I gave it to a working girlfriend who I thought could use it more than I did....Thank goodness for the internets. I actually have no laundry in the laundry room to do at this moment. I need to unload both the washer and dryer, but I think it is caught up. I did not manage to get my rugs washed this week. Also thank God my children are good eaters, and help set the table, and clear it.

PN actually cleaned her room yesterday, and swept the kitchen, all without me asking. She is a worker. I rewarded her with $$, but what she really enjoyed was all of the PRAISE from her Father and I.

SR thinks chores interrupt his free time. (Is this a little boy thing?) I must make a schedule or have DH make him one, where he earns time on the Wii for chores done. (DH if you are reading this please work on it...thanks because I might forget to tell you)

Today we are working on a family kitty for Disney World. I normally take money out of the kitty for allowances for The Collective, for chores they do. They only earn money per chore at this time, and it is in small increments. They do not get a weekly allowance at this time. Help with dishes, etc you get a small amount of money. Today I am having PN work on a coffee can kitty for Disney. DH will have to go for work for a week or so, and I thought, well heck I might try and save some money up and take the kids. We will see how this goes. There are so many things our list, that we would like, and I also want to remain charitable with some of our moneys. Normally when I start one of these kitties, we have a car that breaks down, or an appliance that dies, emergency plane tickets for a funeral etc...here is hoping we can try and make it work.

I hope this weekend finds you blessed, with a peaceful mind and heart....mine is, and it is nice. I am seeing things in others lives right now work fro them. Tammi got a job, CPO is retiring, Bou finished a marathon, Guard Wife has managed to get enough money from gracious donations to begin her adoption of a little girl. Patience, faith, it is a good Sunday.

8 comments:

Allison said...

It's such a small world. I _just_ read on Alt Army Wife's Blog about Disney World giving a free ticket to active US military peoples and $99 dollar tickets to thier families. You can read about it here, if you want.

Allison said...

It's such a small world. I _just_ read on Alt Army Wife's Blog about Disney World giving a free ticket to active US military peoples and $99 dollar tickets to thier families. You can read about it here, if you want.

Tammi said...

If you make it Disney LAND instead of Disney WORLD, you have a free place to stay.....

Just sayin'....

Anonymous said...

Coming out of hiding to help you with your crockpot problem. I found a blog called a year of crockpotting. She made a new years resolution last year to use her crockpot everyday. She is leaving the site up even though she is no longer updating it.

Anonymous said...

min312@optonline.net I will sponsor a kid if I can get permanent job soon.

Keith Khan said...

arsarge13@gmail.com

I would LOVE to sponsor a kid. Money is tight, but I don't care. Sign me up...


Master Sgt. Keith

Anonymous said...

I feel blessed today that I can... walk! :) But it was ALL worth it!

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Haven't dropped by here in a while. I'd love to sponser a student. rides4fun@gmail.com

Thanks!