Friday, January 09, 2009

It is Friday!

15 years ago, I would be all ready to go out......heh.


Right now I want a nap, it was a heck of a week and frankly I am surprised I am sooo tired. But that is a good thing right. The insomniac is tired.

I managed to get The Collective rounded up despite the hurricane force winds. They were dying of hunger, so I rounded up a snack, and did dishes from breakfast, and am now making a quiche, and a hash brown casserole for dinner, I can pair it with a salad.

I have laundry in a pile staring at me. An entire load of "delicates".

Huh? I just looked outside 5 minutes ago, no snow. And now there is snow on the ground. ICK.

It is supposed to snow for the next day or so.

PN is already begging for a cup of hot cocoa, because she equates snow, with cocoa. I must make some.

Here is a simple recipe

  • 6 1/2 cups powdered milk
  • 1 (5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
  • 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
The tree is coming down tomorrow, if I can ever get my laundry caught up...

The thirty hour work week, which actually equates to 45, if you throw in the dropping off kids and picking them up. It is really a hum dinger.

Willy Wonka, is playing at here, and I thought about taking the kids to go see it this weekend.

They actually loved the Gene Wilder Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, which sort of surprised me, as it is a bit creepy in parts.

I am off, to my housewifery! EXCITING!

2 comments:

vet66 said...

I think it is time for the rest of us to follow the lead of PN. I am going to make hot chocolate with whipped creme and square marshmallows.

Have a great weekend. We are cooking carnitas for sunday dinner and the relatives are coming for dinner. As it stands now, the roster of attendees shows more females than males. We have already invoked the "Man Song" stating unequivocally that hummus meat balls are not acceptable in albondigas soup. Is that okay???

I am in charge of spiking the margaritas with Patron which should break down the solidarity of the coven of sisters. Unfortunately it will have the adverse effect of aggravating the hot flash syndrome.

Light a candle for us...

wendy said...

Your hot cocoa recipe looks excellent. We don't really drink cocoa here, but I'll keep it in mind for next year...

Good luck with the laundry!