Thursday, January 01, 2009

SR turns 7


SR opening his "I WANT" gift from his Sissy.

"You got my Boom Blox, I love you Sissy!!"

Mom and Dad bought themselves a guitar Hero and passed it off as a birthday gift....




SR opening a magic set from his Grammie in North Carolina!

The sunsets here are beautiful, and this is a horrid photo. Tonight the sky was yellow and orange, last night it was pink and red.




DH driving us home, as quickly and safely as possible, the whining in the back seat was driving him batty!


The Collective loathing the 2 1/2 car ride home from Grampanios house, they had things to do at home, and wanted to get there NOW!!


Twas a big day. My son turned 7.

My Husband kept asking me "so do you remember what you were doing 7 years ago today?"

Just for the sake of not going into too many details, SR's birth was clouded by several events, and things that happen in life that are not so terrific, or great. I was caring for my Mother who was in the process of dying at the time, and she ended up in the hospital the very same day I was delivering, we were also dealing with a depldeployment. The events surrounding that very special day.....a lot of it not good or cheerful. I think I shall not choose to recall those events on a regular basis, because there were a lot of dark moments. A lot of it not good, and leaves me with some sour feelings for those I have since forgiven. But I thought about it for about 5 minutes, and then chose to move forward.

The birth of SR, was an astounding life altering moment, the moment where my heart left my body, with legs, and arms. A truly wonderful blessing.

The memories with him, have helped me move forward, and be present and try to enjoy every moment. He amazes me daily, and has taught me many things. Patience being the first, acceptance of others, unconditional love, forgiveness, a rebirth in my faith....

So today was a good day, the start of a new year, his birthday, Nebraska managed to win the gator bowl with Clemson, even if they played terribly through most of the game.

Here are some photos of the day

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy, AWTM.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to SR. Holy cow... I cannot believe he is 7. I remember when he turned... 4.

and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Guard Wife said...

Happy B-day SR!!

I love Guitar Hero. I don't have one...yet. Maybe we can have a guitar off when I come visit? We could dress up all Richard Palmer video girl like and rock out. Your neighbors would flip.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, SR!

I didn't realize our sons were so close in age. Isn't this a great age?

Tammi said...

I don't know WHY I keep trying to think his BD is on the 3rd. But oh my, what a little man he has become.

So glad to see the dancing for joy. He is adorable.

Happy Birthday Dashing Sir Rowland....

Anonymous said...

Guard Wife, if you have wireless, you can play AWTM from your home when you get GH. My dad plays my sisters all the time that way. I have yet to get my Wii tied in to the wireless so I haven't had the chance to throw my daughter at them. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to SR... Wow...

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday SR and belated Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Looking at the pictures, I can't help but adore your kids. They are of course magnificent gifts from the Good Lord.

Have a blessed New Year ahead of you
= )

Army of Mom said...

Happy Birthday kiddo!

But, what is sad is I looked at the pictures and thought "Oh Wow! She has white carpet! And, it looks clean. Her house is clean. How did she do that?"

*sigh* Back to the bathroom and cleaning for the umpteenth time. *sigh*

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday!

It looks as though he got exactly what he wanted!

We wished my oldest happy #9 on New Years - what a great day for a birthday.

Rachelle Jones said...

AOM....heheh...

That is my Fathers house.

I would never ever put white carpet in a house, I like my sanity far too much!!

Richmond said...

Happy B-Day SR!! :)

Lovely pics too...