Thursday, January 15, 2009

It better not be Wednesday

Now that I am working again I lurve the weekend. I woke this morning, and thought "damn it is Wednesday, this is a long week....."

Ah ha it is Thursday. Thank goodness.

2 more work days. So far I am enjoying it, I get to take the kids to school and pick them up, the day is BUSY, and fast. I am just ready for the week to be over.

I think I managed to teach myself how to make a ripple pattern, so am working on 2 separate blankets. One with leftover yarn, and a plum one for Pink Ninja. For the record, I do not "do directions.". I prefer learning by doing. Which is crazy, because SR can READ anything and he has it. Me, I could read something a million times, but until I do it...it makes no sense.

4 comments:

wifeunit said...

A family friend called them 'Destructions' and would not let anyone use them if he was around. :-)

Anonymous said...

I've been knitting a ton . . . and need to get some photos up. I;m like you, I learn by doing.

vet66 said...

It might be time for a TGIF column as an AAR for the preceding week. LOL.

Looks cold back there. I hope the blankies are thick and warm. Keep up the good work, we are proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I could read something a million times, but until I do it...it makes no sense.

I'm the same way, which is why the classes I taught at university were heavy on examples and hands-on work. Lots to see and do, but not much to read. Would the paucity of written instructions upset SR? Maybe not. He did teach himself to read, after all.