Saturday, November 22, 2008

We were going to name them Arlington, and Holiday Inn

The funny thing about DH and I being locked up for 4 days...

I immediately started thinking about the last 2 times we spent any time alone in a hotel...

Both were for military functions. Officer Conventions to be exact. I can recall both.

I can even recall what I wore to each formal event. Etc...

The first Officer Convention, I had just got all of my hair cut off, and I recall being nervous. I had to take about 4 changes in clothes for a 2 day event. I do recall it being a gambling party (fake money of course), and I managed to play black jack with senior officers for about an hour and whipping all of them. I wore a black formal, with rhinestone straps, I bought off of a clearance rack for $45. I recall this incident, which was HORRIFYING.
We had a terrific time, and SR?

SR was born 8 1/2 months later...

The next event was a short time later.

PN arrived after a NCO Convention we had been invited to, plenty of margaritas, and nine months later, the Holiday Inn baby was born.

We are done having babies, and for that I am thankful, because Sheraton is a dumb name for a baby....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to name Bones "Trojan". My husband nixed that one...

Guard Wife said...

M2 is a Squadron Ball baby. I actually wore the dress I wore for Hubs' and my wedding (2nd for both of us so not wedding-y much) and he wore his dress blues. We spent the entire evening fending off the 'when are you guys having kids' questions..."Oh, no. Not now. Not us. Not ready." M2 had other ideas.

.... said...

But what a great way to remember your children, at least they are not all from military deployments.

I have Panama, Desert Storm and finally.....Dennis who is Kuwait (SF rotation in which I apparently got pregnant the day he got home) Dennis arrived 8 months and 3 days later.....in laws had problems with the math on that one.....they all live in KY....go figure.

I am sure there are thousands named Iraq and Afghanistan now.

Rachelle Jones said...

uhh...yeah he deployed every pregnancy...

he was there to do the job, and than gonno...

I delivered both alone..

Woot!

dick said...

I don't know, Patricia Routledge on Keeping Up Appearances had a son named Sheraton.