Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It is so cold....




How cold is it?

drum beat...

It is so cold...that I am trying to figure out how to look chic in a stocking cap! I am actually trying to look like some sort of international spy or something. Forgive me, I have no job yet, and the only excitement seems to be checking the mailbox and e-mail for rejection letters. So pretending to be an international spy on the drive to school... well it is crazy.

Brr...folks, and winter has not started yet.

In more exciting news, I have had to open the house up, yes doors and windows this morning...

WHY?

Well as it is my "time of the month", thank you for sharing I know...I am in complete misery. COMPLETE. Yesterday I was in such pain I was nauseated. Not fun..

Anywho I was warming up one of those buckwheat/ warmer/ hot packy things in the microwave...uhhhh I set the time for too long, and started the damn thing on fire...(not complete fire, just a small smoldering one)

So this morning, the house smells like burnt popcorn. It is horrible.

DH was not thrilled with me trying to start a fire either..he kept sighing at me last night, out of exasperation.

9 comments:

vet66 said...

Make certain you carry chapstick and keep a fire extinguiser handy.

I love the smell of burnt buckwheat in the morning. Blame it on "Aunt Flow" or the dog, if you had one. LOL

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh. Sorry. I'm sure that doesn't smell good.

Rave said...

Heh....you should have said that the 'burnt popcorn' smell was an enemy agent trying to extinguish your top-secret recipe for gingerbread men....it would have went with the picture! :)

Guard Wife said...

Perhaps if hubby had taken it upon himself to try and help a sistah out & warm the dern thing up FOR you, the whole too-hot-for-its-own-good buckwheat issue could have been avoided? Hmmm?

Rachelle Jones said...

I was multi tasking and simply forgot the thing...

I might have been in the bedroom, because I certainly would have smelled the darn thing...
if I would have been in the livingroom...

hell I can still smell the thing...

2 febreezes/ wondows open and all...

ick

wendy said...

Brrrr! Sounds cold! I was complaining the other day about having to put sunblock on before going out to run.... until I read about my friend Amanda, in South Dakota, snowed into her house. Oh, yeah, winter!

Stacy said...

He is not home enough right now anyway. Tell him to chill...

Anonymous said...

This buckwheat/warmer/hot packey thing... is this a Northern thing? I'm not even sure I know what buckwheat is...

XtnYoda said...

Better get ready for a very difficult winter...cold winter...

Global Warming is going to look real inviting over the next few months!

God Bless