Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tacoma

First off, what a gorgeous city. Seriously, art at every turn, which was easy considering we stayed HERE. Very funny too. The restaurant was called Bite. (which I thought was adorable, and the do not disturb signs said "tied up"....cute!) The lobby bar, made delicious drinks as well.

The SpouseBuzz event was a great one, lots of sharing and participation from the Tacoma ladies, and gentlemen. A wonderful, and welcoming crowd to be sure...I always hear one story, that stands out above all. This time, the award goes to a lovely wife, that tried to meet her DH for R&R, all "dolled up"...she was stopped at the post gate, for a car search...

holy crap, and if you could have heard the story as she told it....

I swear we need to get these ladies names, and make a book about hilarious stories.

I am really proud of what SpouseBuzz has done, as a group....I am. I am proud to be affiliated. Because the panelists share such personal and intimate stories, it gives others the freedom of judgement to do the same....it provides a safe and understanding forum....

We had an interesting surprise guest come as well...When I was at the desk Friday, I saw him...and with no witnesses, and he popped in to the event Saturday...which I thought was VERY nice!

go to SpouseBuzz to see who!

I had a wonderful time, laughing, which was the BEST medicine....EVER.

Trying to Grok, has been using her deployment time, not only to knit, but to perfect her "terrget lady and surprise lady", and she had me in stitches, all of the ladies had me in stitches, and I needed it. I am very lucky to have such funny friends...
because life is just hard, unless you have something to laugh about...

14 comments:

Nixon said...

Don't forget to check out the Glass Museum. It's kinda cool (at least the bridge leading to it). What are you guys doing in my neck of the woods? You guys got to meet SINBAD and I was not invited. Grumble Grumble.

Sarah said...

Should we get balloons?
Yessssssssss.

Miss you.

Jaegerbombs.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weeekend. And so close to where I'm from. I am jelous.

Anonymous said...

We are lucky to have so many funny friends, aren't we? Sinbad fit right in.

What a blast this weekend was. The area milspouses were fantastic. Can't wait for the next one...

Momily said...

I had a great time meeting all of you at the SBL event. So glad that you got to come out. Yay for "imaginary" friends! :)

Guard Wife said...

On the way to the shindig today, I saw no less than 10 trucks headed to Tergets...maybe they were full of ernaments and bracelets with terrrrrtel charms??

I would type more, but I'm in the zone.

Guard Wife said...

On the way to the shindig today, I saw no less than 10 trucks headed to Tergets...maybe they were full of ernaments and bracelets with terrrrrtel charms??

I would type more, but I'm in the zone.

Stacy said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll had a great time! Ok I'm definitely attending the next one.... hey when is the next one??

Richmond said...

So gald you had such a great time!! :)

Barb said...

The Glass Museum is a great place to visit - watching them work the glass is well worth the price of admission.

You gal are much fun to visit with -wish I could have sent more time with you!

deltasierra said...

Whee! I was so happy that you guys recognized my name. :) It was so awesome to meet you!!!

You were definitely lucky to be staying in the "nice" part of Tacoma. My husband worked a few blocks away, at the Armory (100 years old this year – big castle-like building), which is next to the courthouse and the penitentiary and about 1000 bail-bond stores. :) Tacoma has personality. :)

Anonymous said...

The hotel is really wonderful. I'm sure you gals really had fun!

Momily said...

lol, DS. Tacoma does have personality. ;)