Friday, November 07, 2008

The great job hunt of 2008, "Bright, driven, sharp, and motivated women NEED EMPLOYMENT"....

Wow.

First of, it is a little inspiring that I am in such good company right now.

The following women are all searching for work.

Might I add here, that these are all women who have tremendous skill, and ability.


Tammi


Butterfly Wife


Most Certainly Not

I am going to be selfish for a moment and say THANK GOD I am not the only person I know searching for a job right now.

I have gotten rejection letters, and well frankly that is sort of hard on the ego after a time. What is worse, is when you get a rejection letter for a job that you are vastly over qualified for, it is a slap in the face. I assure you.

However, I have seemed to evolve a bit while in the process. What I want is becoming CLEARER. I need to be involved with a company, or employer that I love right now. I want stability. I am at no place where I want to be looking for a new challenge every couple of years. I need a company I can move around in, if I choose to do so.

I think I may actually head back to school in the next couple of years. Something I never thought I would say.

Good luck, my fellow women....

not bad company

3 comments:

Tammi said...

Why thank you my dear....but can I just be so bold as to say I'd sure like to be an EXAMPLE of how to LAND the job instead of how to hunt for one.......

Guard Wife said...

AMEN, Tammi. Amen.


It's hard to keep one's chin up as sometimes I just want to go hide under the covers!

Melissa said...

You can add me to the list...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm being turned down for jobs that I would be good at, but am vastly, vastly, vastly over qualified for...

Hang in there! I've declared this weekend + Monday as a job-search free time. ^o^