Friday, November 21, 2008

Is it Friday already?

I think it is....

OK, I have been slightly neglectful here this week.

I have some good news.

DH has been invited to Washington DC to accept an award. I too have been invited, which means my flight and hotel have been paid for. My Father and his girlfriend, have volunteered to watch the Collective for the entire 4 days!

This means, DH and I will be going on a trip ALONE for the first time in 7.5 years. The last time this happened I was pregnant, and flew on a teeny plane to Colorado Springs (puked on the flight, had to run through the airport with a HUGE belly, my Mom was sick, and I had been caring for her...I WAS sTREESEd).

DH and I have not been ALONE for 7.5 years. Oh sure maybe to a movie for a few hours or a motorcycle ride. But this is 4 days ALONE. I am seriously a little freaked out. I am actually worried about him finding me intriguing, interesting, and tolerable for 4 days. (I am note joking). Unless you adore me, which at this point is possible, I mean it has almost been 18 years of marriage.

4 days alone, in one of my favorite cities, Washington DC.

4 WHOLE DAYS.

ALONE.

WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT.

We can stay out late, we can stay in bed all day.

I can have a drink at lunch, and not be concerned that someone will call CPS.

We can totally make out...

12 comments:

Guard Wife said...

That sounds heavenly and a little intimidating. Can totally understand your hesitation to be 100% over the moon. BUT, you are quite the catch so I'm sure your husband will be thanking his lucky stars (yet again!) that he chose so well.

D.C. is such a great place to go!

Megan said...

I totally get your hesitation about this. As I was cooking dinner last night, I had the thought: "We know our marriage can survive being apart... but can it survive being together???"

And truthfully, I don't know the answer to that.

But once you set out on your journey it will probably be gravy and you'll have a blast.

Anonymous said...

You CAN totally make out . . . on the metro even . . . :) I am sure it will be a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Get a sexy nightie, too. That will make sure he thinks he won an award in all areas of his life. And you'll have fun too.

We are heading out this weekend for a wedding without the boys and, though it hasn't be 7.5 years, I am also a little concerned. So I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Pack some pretty panties. *grin*

Oh, and the word verify on this comment is "grann" and that does NOT mean GRANNY PANTIES! lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! You've got nothing to worry about except sleeping through breakfast.

airforcewife said...

Oooh, making out!

How fun!

Butterfly Wife said...

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy your trip!

Rachelle Jones said...

I am a surprised LL thinks I OWN granny panties....

Sarah said...

My first thought: You will be near me! I could come up!

My second thought: Idiot, they want to be alone.

Have fun!!

BostonMaggie said...

"We can totally make out..."

LOL! I love how your mind works!

I hope there is lots and lots of making out.

Linda said...

We'll be facing that same situation soon too...when we leave the kids with Grandma and go househunting in SC. The last time we were ever alone together was January 14, 2001....seriously...like you, other than a date or two, but never even a night alone together.

I can't wait!