Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Long flight home....

OK, I have an entire post about flying...it is coming.

But, after reading this article.

Anywho, it is my luck, that I get sandwiched on the plane between a dermatologist, and a fireman. Which I thought was almost hilarious, because if there was some sort of emergency on the plane, the airline was staffed for it.

So the three of us are chatting, it is a nice little conversation, when the 70 year old dermatologist mentions, he does botox, at a reasonable rate, and hands me his card. So I ask if botox is at all prophylactic in nature, which he answers a "no, but you may benefit from it"....

holy crap, I hope he didn't mean what he said because the Sacramento newspaper article claims....

America’s capital of cosmetic surgery is San Francisco — not Los Angeles — and Sacramento ranks No. 3, according to the September issue of Men’s Health.
Honolulu is second and Los Angeles trails at No. 48, ranked on a per-capita basis by factoring in regional rates for common procedures and culling information from plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists and people who admitted treatment. Residents of Lincoln, NE. apparently like themselves the way they are; the metro area comes in dead last at No. 100.

Common procedures nationwide include nose jobs, breast implants, liposuction, eyelid surgeries, wrinkle fillers and chemical peels. The most popular nonsurgical procedure among women and men is Botox, according to the magazine.



You know, I am thrilled with my return to this city, but this article made me smile on the walk to school and home

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you're beautiful and so that dermatologist can go suck an egg.

Sarah said...

You don't need any stinkin botox. Have you seen the photo on my site? You are hawt.

Guard Wife said...

You are entirely too gorgeous for botox. The idea of your face being paralyzed in ANY way makes me sad.

Now, if you kept his card & he takes care of lipo that needs suctioned, I may wish to borrow it. :)

Rachelle Jones said...

well here is the thing, I am thrilled to be in a city that could give 2 squats...

I am hoping the dermatologist just needed a new driver or something

Anonymous said...

I seriously doubt you neet Botox.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

my daughter the last year med student is going into dermatology because she says she likes the "girlie stuff" (botox, dermabrasion, lasers, etc.) she says she can't wait for me to "try it out" and quickly recovers with -- "not that you need it..." good recovery, honey!