Saturday, November 29, 2008

Full...

We are home again, a wonderfully delicious meal, family and family....a double celebration.

My daughter actually had family sing Happy Birthday to her. She loved it. the cake was HUGE, and delicious. She recieved a lot of wonderful gifts, which was an added bonus.

5 years ago tonight, I was laboring with Pink Ninja, contractions that were strong, but not even, or regular. I called my girlfriend who is a Mother of 5, and an RN, she sat with me, and we timed them for hours....to no avail...(DH was gone)

I finally sent her home, climbed in the bath tub thinking it might make me feel better...only to find myself stuck, and horrified.

I called her crying at 11:30pm....frightened. Frightened to be alone, frightened to leave SR with her for the night, frightened my MIL would not be able to find a flight to help with SR. (She did) Sad my Husband was missing the birth of his daughter....

I walked into the hospital, and was warned I was 9 1/2 cm, and not to MOVE. They begged me to lie down, and I could not, I could only sit in lotus.

The delivery was fast, PN did not wait for a Dr. A nurse delivered her. the hospital was filthy, and I would not allow them to take her to the nursery, I was afraid she would get sick (she came home with RSV, after they snuck her out a couple of times for lab, while I was passed out).

She looked exactly like her Papa, when she arrived, however, she was sooo quiet I was worried about her. Pink, round, and sweet....and hungry. She was born at 1:30am November 30th.

It has been a very busy few days...

Tomorrow morning there will be a special birthday breakfast, which has become tradition. She chose french toast, and BACON! She wants to spend the day coloring with me, and would love to go out for Chinese noodles, and tea.

My blessings are many, I have sooo much to be thankful for.

*PS* the Feria hair color looks beautiful, I had many compliments, and my Brother told me it looked much better than any color I had from the salon. It took 25 minutes or so, and only cost $8.00. sure beats sitting at a salon for 4 hours, and $100 plus dollars! I will be doing this from now on.

5 comments:

Tammi said...

Happy Birthday PN.

And I TOLD you the Feria was the best on the market. Even my hairdresser didn't know I colored for a lot of years.....

So glad it turned out.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday PN..

Pogue said...

Hey, I share a birthday with PN! Of course, mine was about 48 years earlier...

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless.

A happy belated birthday to such a lovely child.

; )

loqi said...

My sis always used Feria when we were in high school - glad you found a cheaper, better alternative to the salon! That's *always* a good thing. :)