Thursday, November 06, 2008

I am turning down a job offer today...

Crap.

OK, so I have 1 legitimate job offer at the moment, and desparately waiting to hear back from another. One of them called and offered me the position. For that I was thrilled.

I am calling them today to decline the position.

As much as I hate to say "no" after the time spent looking.

I actually sought this company out, and wanted a position in administration. They did not have anything open in that particular area, so they offered me another position.

The pay is not good. Especially when you consider the base pay minus taxes, and then minus the pre-school for PN, and then I have to arrange for an after school program to pick up my son, so he can attend in the morning and afternoon....

Makes no financial sense at all. And as much as PN WANTS to be in school at this time, I do not want to go in the negative to do so.

So I am turning it down. Plus frankly I do not want to get spit at, or hit at this point in my life. As an LPN this has happened enough in my life. No thanks. I am not game at this point.

So the one company that has actually took a bite, well I am going to have to say no.

And that my friends is difficult.

I have two more irons on the fire, both of which I am excited about. And about a trillion resumes out.

1 comment:

Butterfly Wife said...

Yikes! Good luck with them other irons.