Wednesday, June 15, 2005

SICK

Does anyone remember the British Show "The Young Ones"....the episode sick....that is what I feel like.

Dr. is treating me for respitory, and sinus infections. So I am on antibiotics. He was also placing a call to my OB/GYN re: female issues, and is suggesting I have my ole' uterus removed. It is ok, I do not want the darn thing, it has housed 2 beautiful babies nicely, and done its job.

I checked while at Dr. the last time I was on antibiotics, over 3 years ago, for strept throat. I am not a sick person.

I also checked my weight when I first went to this Dr. I was 118 pounds.......that was 4 years ago. 118...almost seems like a dream to say that...118, almost seems really too thin for my 5'7 frame. However my Mom was ill at the time, and I was having trouble taking care of myself.

In that time I have stopped smoking, I was about a pack and a half a day girl. Got pregnant, had 2 healthy babies, I also went through 2 deployments, and lost my Mother to Colon cancer.

My weight is no longer 118, nor will it be again. I think my legs weigh 118 now. Mother fucker...I am pissed about that.

I am also pissed because I am simply too ill to go excercise this week, just can't. Worn out and sick.

7 comments:

vw bug said...

It's always depressing being sick. I have had major sleep deprivation this week. It makes me irritable and eat badly. I just stepped on the scale and it said 149. Sh.t. I was down to 146. I totally empathize with the weight. I was 132 before having child #2. 132! I hope you get over this quickly.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon.

Although you sound healthier now than a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. I will be thinking about you.

Contagion said...

I'm sending you a suped up dose of Contagion well-wishing including a wish of being able to transfer his freakish reptilian healing and immune system.

Anonymous said...

It sucks in general to be sick, but it really sucks when you're sick and have small children.

118 lbs is too thin for your 5'8" frame. You are a woman now. You should weigh far more than that.

Anonymous said...

Not to take away from your story, but The Young Ones may be the best show ever made.

Toluca Nole

Anonymous said...

TN is my bro, AWTM. My real one. :) Always cracks me up when I realize my family is reading my blogroll. It happens. My Mom reads you too. (She loves your blog, btw.)