Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Other Father's Day Post

Dear Husband is home, he is safe. The toddlers LOVE having Daddy home, and hate when he goes to work. Sometimes in the middle of the day Dash will yell "Daddy, be home from work now". Pink Ninja runs around the house with her "Papapapa" and "DaddyDaddyDaddy" mantra. I really don't know how the 3 of us managed without him, and for 18 months.

I learn sooo much from his interaction with the children, he is a little more patient than me, adventurous....He can't wait to take us all camping and hiking. As the Mother I sometimes let the extra work for me curb my enthusiasm for such outings.

He wakes on the weekends, when not working, with Dash our early riser and they play, and eat pancakes and omelets...While Pink Ninja and I sleep and dream.

He is a great Daddy...And he loves it.

I went to Mudville this morning and read this post.....and it hit me hard.

We are lucky and blessed. Last Fathers Day Dear Husband was in Iraq.

I thought of the fallen. How there have been a lot of Fathers, and Grandfathers killed during our Operations in Iraq, and Afghanistan...and other countries. There are children waking this morning with no one to take out to breakfast, no one to give an ugly tie to. I prayed for God to give this widow grace, and bless her on this day. It hurts my heart. There are simply no words for me here.

To the daddies that are deployed, and have missed the first steps, and the first word, communing, graduations, weddings, births, Christmas, birthdays, and broken hearts, and broken arms. We do remember you are there, you are not forgotten, your mission is a vital and important one, and they will be waiting for you. The moment you see your children again, it will be one of the most wonderful moments in your life. We Thank you for your service.

3 comments:

airforcewife said...

Amen, armywife.

Anonymous said...

Very well said!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a big thanks to those who serve.