Monday, June 06, 2005

Oh How I love Thee--Let me count the ways...

you irritate the piss out of me.

Yes I know my husband was away, fighting the war on terror, but we are blessed and he is home safe and sound. So I need to get this off of my chest.

There are a few things that irritate me. Oh by the way, in case you haven't noticed I irritate easily.

1.) Endless quoting of movies. Almost non-stop. Lately it is Team America. "Kim Jong Il Show". Over and over and over. He won't stop it. I have had to limit it to 3 times a day around me, when I am in a good mood. None if I am sensitive.

2) My husband also thinks this is funny. The Red Hot Chilli Pepper's song "Give It Away Now"...he sings, "what I got, I wanna get it, put in you". Once again, over and over, until I want to scream.

3) He can never locate anything in the refridgerator. He peers in like things will walk out. I almost ALWAYS end up getting whatever it is out. He also does this with salt and pepper. Instead of getting up to get it, he cranes his neck acting like he is afraid it "might be lost". Come on you know where it fucking is.

4) He will watch the following movies...That I CANNOT stand. " 48 hours", "Crocodile Dundee", "Dune", "Starship Troopers". ICC Blechy. I especially hate Crocodile Dundee.

5) He "organizes" his "twig and berries", more than any Major League Baseball player I have seen.

6) He steers like he is driving a cartoon car. You know how you really don't need to steer much while driving in a straight line. Well lets just say, he missed this somewhere. His hands are at 9pm, and 3pm and just moves the wheel back and forth like he is 4.

I think that may be it, or I am just getting tired. Do I want to see his list? NOOOOOO.

10 comments:

vw bug said...

Thank goodness. I was starting to think I had the only irritating husband out there. Thanks for sharing!

Tammi said...

hee.....I caught myself singing that damned Chili Peppers song at work yesterday - not a good thing.....conservative company and all.

Hey - I quote movie lines all the time...

Dang - hope I don't end up getting you your nerves. ;-)

Seriously - ain't it great to just vent every now and then!!

Anonymous said...

I'd bet you'd be surprised what's on his list. On a lighter note, isn't it wonderful that he is home to annoy you! :)

Anonymous said...

When you're feeling better, be sure to follow this up with a list of his little sweetnesses, just for balance.

Rachelle Jones said...

Harv- What that wasn't sweet?

airforcewife said...

The quoting movies thing has GOT to be a man issue. My husband does it all the time, too. Really, it only irritates me when he is with his "old school" friends and they only speak in movie quotes.

Gaaah, what a conversation.

But then, my brother and his friends hold entire conversations using only different intonations of the word "huh/hooah".

Rachelle Jones said...

Machelle,
I am not PMS-ing...I am MS-ing.....and feel like crap esp since I have been awake since 4:30am.

Caltechgirl said...

Heh. I have a #5 too :)

Anonymous said...

You're not going to believe this... BUT... here is goes.

I didn't get #5 at first. We refer to the cereal I eat as Sticks and Twigs and on occasion, I've been known to eat berries with it. So I read #5 and thought, "Wow, Why does he organize his breakfast cereal? Does he stir the berries around? And they do this in the Major Leagues? People know this?"

Heh. I'm a dope.

Army of Mom said...

All men do annoying things. My husband makes this noise like he is hocking up something from the back of his throat. Totally grosses me out. He also watches WAY too much history channel, discovery channel, etc. He loves Starship Troopers and every war movie ever made. Oh yeah, and the Godfather 42 and all previous incarnations, too.

I hear ya. But, at least he has a twig and berries and obviously wants to poke them in ya!

It could be worse. He could have his twig and berries elsewhere and not want to poke 'em in ya!

Ok, I'm not helping, am I?