Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sangria

I just opened a bottle of red wine, that is a bit to dry, for my taste. Husband suggested I use it to cook with. I thought of something better

Here is the easiest recipie I could find. Traditionally brandy is used with the wine. We never keep brandy in the house. Also remember you can substitute fruits with whatever you have on hand. I would suggest letting it chill for at least 4 hours.

2 large bottles of dry red wine
1 2 liter bottle of ginger ale/ 7- up is ok
1 orange sliced thin
1 apple sliced thin
1 cup strawberries sliced thin
4 tsp lime juice
1/2 lemon sliced thin
1/2 lime sliced thin
1/4 cup sugar

It is best chilled overnight if you can wait that long!
Serve in large wine glasses, and use fresh fruit slices to garnish!

2 comments:

Tammi said...

I love sangria!! Back in the days of "Rib Fest" I'd cook ribs for 150 people with sweet buttermilk cornbread, rice pilaf, baked beans, desserts and a big ole thang of Sangria! Then I'd just stand by the drink and watch everyone eat. Damn I love that stuff!

Rachelle Jones said...

Tammi,
Is it possible to like you more.