Sunday, June 19, 2005

Lessons My Father Taught Me

Flat roofs leak.

Cement cracks.

People are only as good as they're deeds.

Fishing is always good.

Don't buy things you can't pay for.

Never write things down, you wouldn't want read (I need to remember this more).

Guys have one thing on they're minds.

Always help a neighbor.

Always help someone that needs a break.

Don't be such a smartass.

If you are on the phone longer than 5 minutes, you are probably talking about someone.

Don't throw that out, you might be able to use it later.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Don't believe everything you read.

Never throw a baseball "side-arm".

Never throw away an old toothbrush, you can use it to clean the car battery.

Dishsoap mixed with water, will keep those pesky bugs off of your plants.

If you keep going to the well, eventually you will get water.


~yeah I know, there is more....and that was taught by example.

9 comments:

airforcewife said...

"Don't be such a smartass" is apparently universal.

Or maybe it's just that we really are smartasses.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

That was very nice.
And sage, too. :)

Anonymous said...

"If you keep going to the well, eventually you will get water."

Personal favorite :-)

Katy said...

Wonderful lessons;)

Anonymous said...

I likey! You inspired me to jot down some of the stuff my dad has said...good and silly! :-)

Contagion said...

Your father seems to be a very smart man, hopefully you actually heed some of his advise. :)

vw bug said...

Great Post. I had to remember my dad going through the list of names to get to mine. "SisOne SisTwo Damn It VW." Of course I never responded until he got to my name. ;-)

Anonymous said...

This was awesome...I often forget to count my blessing that I have such a wonderful father. Thanks for the entertaining reminder.

Anonymous said...

Glad that your hubby's home and he's able to spend time with the kids.

These are great life lessons! Thanks for sharing them.