Thursday, June 30, 2005

I went to the hospital

I decided to go to the hospital tonight to visit the Chaplain. I had some things I needed to make sure he knew.

So I did touch his hand and I spoke with him, told him it was hot out and the tomatoes were delicious, and that the trucks are on the roadside selling fruit.

I told him, he had more people praying for him, than I have ever seen pray for one man.

The big reason I had to go was this....

Chaplain McClemore, "my husband was a good Christian man when he left for Iraq. I was worried about him being there for so long, I was worried that he might come home broken physically or emotionally. Well I want you to know, he came back from Iraq an even Better Stronger Christian man. I thank you for having 2 services on Sundays so my husband could come after work. Thank you for having services on Wednesday. My Dear Husband loves you, and even though I have only met you twice, guess what I love you too. My husband is praying for you, and I am saying one anytime I think of it. Your work as Chaplain, has been a blessing to all of your brothers. You try and rest, morning will be here before you know it."

He is still unresponsive.

7 comments:

vw bug said...

A prayer being sent for your Chaplain.

Al's Girl said...

Wow, that really choked me up. I will be praying for you Chaplain too - he sounds like a wonderful man and an example of a "true" Christian. I'm so glad that your hubby came home stronger too - that's a major inspiration to those of us still in the throes of deployment!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing you did for him!

Anonymous said...

I have to believe in my heart that he heard you.

Sean Dustman said...

Prayers coming from me too. I hope he shows some improvement.

Rachelle Jones said...

I am relieved that there are so many good people praying!

airforcewife said...

He did hear you, armywife.

That was so moving.