Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Maybe we should change it from Halloween to dress your daughter like a whore for a day?

My friend over at Most Certainly Not covered this last year....

but I think it got worse.

OK, So PN wants to be a Princess AGAIN this year. It is pretty benign, as she tells me "they are pretend, and there are no real princesses." Wait until she finds out there are.

Anywho, so I start searching.

Holy Mother of God, who is buying these costumes for "girls" and "tweens?" (My guess, is the same parents who buy those stupid bratz dollz.

Here is a costume for a "girl"...

the sizes are a childs large.

Ok here is a costume for a tween that reads...

Description

Sexy strawberry girl is ready for the ice cream social - strawberry shortcake isn’t half as sweet! Looks good enough to eat.

WTF?

OK and now another childs costume,

A slutty childs cat costume, that looks nothing like a cat.


Note the children's costumes are shown with foot wear that resembles fetish wear. Creepy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was in that shop last night with my kids. I had to buy my daughter an ADULT SMALL Creeping Beauty costume that she will STILL have to wear with leggings. The tweens ones were ALL short. I almost had a freaking heart attack. I was having NONE of it. My ex's cousin works there and we had a 35% off coupon or I would have walked out. She asked what we were looking for. I said out loud, and in a very MOM MEAN voice, "Something that doesn't show her ass. Is that ok? Can ya'll find me something like that??"

In other news.....I got myself a Naughty Nurse costume......

BUT I'M 38! I'm allowed!

Some Soldier's Mom said...

ok, it must be the whole Jon Benet Ramsy thing... what's with all the thigh high stockings? what are they wearing under the skirt -- thongs?? whatever happened to modest white tights?? I am certain there are pedophiles out there that must just get off (eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww) on the costumes this time of year. yuck.

Carissa said...

Wow, disturbing...so very disturbing

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I can still pull off Elmo. At least that's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Those are creepy!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I have a boy. It is all ninjas and power rangers and bloody skeletons, thank Gott!

Linda said...

My daughter is wearing Queen Lucy, from Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian. She will wear it for 2 years because it's a bit big. There will be no slutty outfit for her. My son, who is 4, will be King Peter from said movie. He will not be a bloody ninja, a skeleton, a scary ANYTHING. Again, he will wear this costume for 2 years.

We're blessed that we go to a festival at our church that requests: No morbid, bloody or frightening costumes...please leave them at home!

Amy said...

I was going to do a post on this same thing next week - maybe I'll just direct them all here now :-)

Anonymous said...

WTF is about all I can say.

Hopefully people pull their heads out their ass before my baby girl hits that age I have 10 plus years so.

Anonymous said...

I won't even look because I know it is all too disturbing.

I have given in to a vampire, a mummy, and a teenager. But there will be no backside showing.

You know, there are countries that still don't celebrate Halloween. We might need to move.

Wife Mom Blogger said...

I hear ya, I think it's whorable what they're doing to kids these days... I had mada a post along the same lines a couple weeks ago... http://wifemomblogger.blogspot.com/2008/09/ghouls-gone-wild.html

nEo said...

Yup... With my daughter being three now, it is hard to find a "nice" costume that looks like something a child would wear (at least for girls). Glad to see you are still blogging! :)