Monday, October 27, 2008

denial

I need to get my hair colored, and now it is truly out of vanity, and not for fun.

Waaa-Waaa....

The past year has been particularly difficult, and has started showing itself, in the fine lines, and not so fine lines, the little gray wires that poke up from my scalp.

But I am noticing I am starting to grow a crop of gray hairs at an alarming rate.

I am 38, and look it now.

I am not sure when it happened, as I always looked younger than I was....until the last 3 years. The last 3 years did it...

In fact my Sissy, and Father were here over the past weekend. I have more gray hair than my Father how is 67, and my Sissy who is 45.

I used to be able to pull them out with a tweezer, but now if I do such a thing, it would leave me bald, and it would take hours. It would be a full time job. I cannot read the words scrolling across a small television without squinting. When my children put things in front of my face, I have to back UP, or hold them at an arms distance...VERY STILL to read it.

Amazing stuff aging.

My Dad promises me, it gets more ridiculous and strange.

8 comments:

Guard Wife said...

You look marvelous. You are a hot tamale no matter what you think. :)

I've had to color my hair from necessity for a few years now. Could've been worse, though, as my mom was COMPLETELY gray at 30. I have been able to lengthen my time b/w full-on salon colors w/the root touch-up stuff you can pick up at the drug store. I didn't think it would work, but it's amazing.

vet66 said...

Get your hair done. Sometimes we must "mess with mother nature!" Also remember that each grey hair tells a story.

Prepare yourself for the inevitable hot-flashes. Remember the scene in Father-of-the-Bride part II when the two pregnant women have Steve Martin running around in eskimo gear while they are fanning themselves on the couch? "CLOSE THE DOOR!" as Martin leaves in an aloha shirt after shedding his parka. Too funny.

Thanksgiving is coming around again and the three sisters will be fanning their blouses and setting the thermostat to the little known setting "SIBERIAN WINTER" as some "Shriekh" I mean sheikh counts his windfall money based on hormonal imbalance.

Welcome to my world!

Some Soldier's Mom said...

yah. the aging thing sux. hair, eyes, joints, memory... yah. sux.

PS the extra grey and lines are just aging... they have nothing to do with the last 3 years -- it's the last 38, honey... and genetics ;-)

Sarah said...

Yeah, but every time I'm around you, I just want to be you...

You are so put-together and classy. I love it.

Can I be you for Halloween?

Anonymous said...

FWIW. The little lines and gray hairs look good on women. You ladies might not agree, but from where I sit it's attractive.

vet66 said...

CPO: You smooth talkin' swabbie you! LOL

XtnYoda said...

I came in a few months ago to find a bottle of Grecian Formula 44 on the vanity. When I asked the little wife about it she said, "I don't want to be married to an old gray haired man!"

I tied it one night and the smell made me sick!

It was great seeing Dick a couple of months ago! Wish I'd had more time!

Give the kids a hug!

Thanks for the posts over at XtnYoda!

God Bless,

chuck

Sarah said...

And another thing...I can totally hear you say that "Waaa-Waaa...." and I am so happy to know you in Real Life too so I can imagine your voice with this post.