Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A funny thing happenned on the way through the internets...

You know when you are actually looking for a piece of information online, and then find more interesting things to read about...

Well I was looking up information on Clearwater Nebraska, and found out.

Ron L Hubbard was born in Tilden, Nebraska.

I just thought it was about the strangest bit of information that I did not know about Nebraska.

Malcom X born in Nebraska. I knew that.

Fred Astaire born in Nebraska. I knew that.

I even know where Kenny Rodgers graduated from New Mexico State University, even though he has no ties to my home state, and it means a squat of beans to me.

Because I like useless information.

However Tilden is a small town of like 600-1000 people, mostly farmers. Usually a town that size would tout a celebrity.

But I think Ron L Hubbard, is just tooo weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love useless information too! I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I found out Sheryl Crow was born in same small town I was. If we hadn't moved away when I was a baby, we would have gone to school together!

airforcewife said...

I LMAO at the Kenny Rogers thing. I'm still laughing!

The woman who played Alice on The Brady Bunch was from my hometown! She even did plays at the dinky theater there!