Tuesday, October 07, 2008

funny the things you think you will never forget...

The other day The Collective and I were grocery shopping.

Because I am antiquated, I was getting ready to write a check.

When I asked the date, the checker said.."October 4th".

And I stood there for a moment thinking, today would have been my Moms birthday, she would have been 67. And for 1 minute I stood there writing a check, feeling sad, and angry that she was gone, and than guilty for not remembering unprompted earlier in the day.

SR was 3 months old when she passed, PN was only a thought.

I would never have believed my Mother's birthday would go by almost unnoticed.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thinking of you...four days late.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry...

Fermina Daza said...

A blessing that the pain has lessened to the point that a birthday almost went unnoticed. A blessing that it didn't go unnoticed.

My thoughts are with you. And your dad.