Sunday, August 06, 2006

Working for the weekend....

Everyone's watchin' to see what you will do
Everyone's lookin' at you
Everyone's wonderin' will you come out tonight
Everyone's tryin' to get it right, get it right
~Loverboy

Dear Husband had drill this weekend. I think this is the 3rd or fourth weekend in a row, he has been needed.

So upon waking yesturday I thought I would catch up some yard work. The dreadful hot temperatures, and no rain has led to a lot of the trees around here losing leaves. My guess is, fall will not be gorgeous, unless we get some precipitation in these parts. So I headed out yesterday early, with a rake, leaf barrel. The bad news is I got a blister, because I had inadvertently left my work gloves on the patio in the rain. The good news is, we got half of the back yard raked. Yes, I said we. Dash is MY WORKER. I didn't even have to ask. He just pitches in, and for a 4 year old, the kid works hard. Seeing him sweat, and full of dirt made me feel guilty. SO I offered him allowance money. He was a huge help. He picked up all of the leaves. I only had to rake! Pink Ninja is 2 1/2, so after she put on her princess dress she wandered through the yard, and sat in her swing. She would swing all day. Dash warned her several times, that "dilly Dallying would not be tolerated". I reminded him that she is only a baby.

This morning, we headed out again. Dash played trucks in the dirt, Pink Ninja sat in her swing. I got three lawn and leaf bags full, out of one corner. ICK. It went much slower without Dash helping me. Plus, I was less than enthusiastic this morning.

Eventually the humidity and heat got to me, and the three of us came in for lunch. It is my goal to get the last corner done this week. I will feel better.

I also need to get up front and weed my flower beds, pull a dead azalea from its misery. Trim my Mums down for fall, and rake a bit there as well. The heat has been so paralyzing to me, that I have let a lot slide. (It looks like that all over down here too, so I do not feel so bad) I need to give all things a little sip of miracle grow while I am at it. So, here is hoping the mornings are cool, and the collective will stay in the yard.

Laundry is almost done. I have one final load!

There are pictures, but I am having a problem with my cable, darn it anyway!!

Maybe tomorrow.

The Collective, were a piece of cake this entire weekend. Lots of kisses, no time outs, and hardly any Mom raising her voice.


We are celebrating tonight, with my famous fried chicken, mashed taters, chicken gravey, corn, and fresh sliced tomatoes. Yummy!!

Hope your weekend was a productive one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dash warned her several times, that "dilly Dallying would not be tolerated"

ROFL!