Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Learning to Love Sleep

I am not a sleeper. I have never been a fan of sleep. Oh, certainly I function better with it, and require sleep. I can always just think of a million things I would rather do. Sleep, has always been the ugly step sister, the bronze, the second piece of cake.

However, with the recent turn of events, I am having a love affair~ with SLEEP.

Sleep, what a wondrous thing. I am amazed at the power of it, the quiet of it, the coolness of sheets, and the gentle wrrrr of the ceiling fan.

I wonder why I thought sleep was so ugly all of this time, because I assure you it is no longer.

I am amazed at how much better I feel with it, and how I long for it, how I feel so much better with it.

The idea of the "afternoon seductress of nap", enticing me into bed.

Now, if I can convince "the collective", we have a winner.

No comments: