Monday, August 28, 2006

Stuck in the Middle With You



*Photo of The Collective poolside.

Well you started out with nothing,
And you're proud that you're a self made man,
And your friends, they all come crawlin,
Slap you on the back and say,
Please.... Please.....

Trying to make some sense of it all,
But I can see that it makes no sense at all,
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor,
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
~Stealers Wheel

*Note to self, no need to take a book, sewing, or computer on "vacation".

First off, can I say my arms and shoulders HURT. HURT, and I am not joking here. Due to the "medical issues" that are currently going on, I find that my normal physical exercise which was including yoga, pilates, and walking...Just cannot be done. (Yes, the walking even causes pain) I am really in too much pain, and it is uncomfortable. Hence I am out of my normal "shape"...

It is also imperative to know here, that The Collective took to the pool, like ducks to water. They even, (despite my best attempts at wearing them out) continued the waking at 5am schedule, so they could swim. They did not want to leave the water.






So carrying around, a 42 pound Dash, and a 28 pound Pink Ninja, even in the water...Ouch. They are heavy. And I am sure carrying them both at the same time was not the wisest decision. Aso if I had a nickle for every time I lifted them to the side of the pool, and then let them jump into my arms...I could retire. My arms and shoulders are dying though.



Dearest Husband, was ULTRA busy with work, although he managed to wander out to the pool every couple of hours or so. Just to make sure I was living. He also actually go to swim with The Collective twice. He would just grin with wonder, a sort of wonder that says "whose freaky, crazy genetics enable so much activity with no naps?"

So they swam, and swam, and swam. Oh, and I will add here. They did nap. Dash actually napped, which would make it the second or third nap of the year. After the second trip to the pool one day, we went back to the room. I turned on celebrity poker, and Dash and I fell asleep. WOW, he slept. The bad news, Pink Ninja fought her nap, whining and writhing and fussing about for about 4 hours, and then crashed. I do wish they would nap at the same time, just once.

border="0" alt="" />


I love being stuck in the middle with you, your smiles are worth every strain I will feel today. You are my hearts.

*The back of mysterious and foxy DH's head, swimming with The collective*

P.S. That Jennifer Tilly can sure play poker.

No comments: