Monday, August 28, 2006

What The Heart Wants....

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
And I'm getting older too
~Stevie Nicks

While away for the weekend, I got a phone call from my Sister. It was an informative phone call. It seems as though my Father still has the pain in his chest, that he had the last stint put in for. I will say this, I think his cardiologist walks like a duck.....if you get my drift. Make a quack noise. OK, now that, that is out of the way.

So this is his 3rd procedure this year for this same pain, and he is going to the same Dr. feel free to insert quacking noise here.

First off, can I tell you, if I would do this same thing, My Dear Old Dad (yeah I am calling you old Dad, you will never read this anyway...damn computer thingys) I digress. Anyway, if I went to the same Dr. Repairman, etc 3 times with no results, can I tell you my Dad would lecture me on what a ridiculous choice that seems to be.

Also note here, that my Sister found out about this disheartening news over a luncheon at a cafe, with others present. WHA?

So my Sister calls me, calls my Brother etc.....We are all pissed...Because this is pretty big news, and he is all we have left. He is it. Oh, and he has no siblings...We are it.

Can I tell you, this hiding health information, has been pulled before.....I shit you not.

My Mother was diagnosed with colon cancer, and my Brother was in Iceland...

They decided, that it was a bad idea to tell my Brother, they sure didn't want to disrupt things. Mom also thought she would beat the cancer in a month or two and no one would be the wiser. This turned out to be a not so wise plan when they opened Mom up and found cancer on every abdominal organ known to man. They gave her 3 months to live, and spent 6 hours trying to remove organs I did not even know you could remove, and live without. My Dad handed me the phone, and told me to call my brother....A life defining moment. Really. How do you make this sort of announcement, and then apologize for abiding by your parents wishes? You may be asking yourself here, are these people fucking nuts? Well probably. Not me, no way. My folks, a little nuts. Well my Mom is gone now, but my Dad, yeah he is nuts.

He shot a guy once, but that my friends is a tale for another day.

So, the procedure is Tuesday morning. I am not sure of the exact time. My siblings and I , yeah we do not keep health secrets any longer. Heck, you all know almost everything about my vagina. So, my Sister will wait at the hospital, and keep me informed. We also have a embedded spy at the hospital.

I will say a prayer tonight, I hope he is ready for what may come. Personally I think he is a little broken hearted. I have seen plenty of people die from them. I am sure you have all seen it, or heard of it. A lot of people die with and from broken hearts, that can never be mended....

But for crying out loud, try a different cardiologist.

They warn you about killers and thieves in night
I worry about cancer and living right
~Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins

No comments: