Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Mary Ann!!

I knew who Mary Ann was before I met her at the 2006 Mil-Blogging Conference. She is one of the amazing women who volunteer with Soldier's Angels. When I met Mary Ann I was not suprised at her gentle spirit and smile. Her smile is contagious, and I really felt is was important for her to get to know those she keeps around her. I LOVE this lady, she is inspirational. What she does for OUR SOLDIERS touches my heart.

So Mary Ann, Happy Birthday!! I tried to think of a thoughtful gesture to repay Mary Ann for all she does. I thought she would like this.

I am going to ask you to each write at LEAST ONE LETTER to a soldier, the address is provided below!!. If you all do so, that would be at least 100 letters to our troops. I would even beg of you to send this address in a bulk e-mail to friends and family that are always wanting to do something in support of our men and women.

I am going to try and send at least 3. Please Participate in this!!!

OH!! Please also drop into Mary Ann's blog, and thank her for her hard work, and wish her many more!!

Mary Ann, you make me want to be a better American!!

*I am thinking this would be a great idea for a class project, an auxillary project, even a church project.*

Write Patients in Germany
You can write letters and cards of support and encouragement to the wounded and ill troops who are being treated in and transitioned through medical facilities in Germany.

Your cards and letters will be included in Transitional Backpacks or separately as needs dictate, but in both cases distributed directly through SoldiersÂ’ Angels Germany. You may want to include your name, address and email address in your letters.

Suggested salutations: "Dear Soldier", "Dear Hero", "American Hero", etc. are all fine!

Please place unsealed cards and letters with "Dear Hero", etc. written on the outside in a single larger envelope and send to:

21st TSC, Medical Transient Detachment
ATTN: SoldiersÂ’ Angels, MaryAnn Phillips
UNIT 23203
APO AE 09263

Important:
- Please notify us when items are shipped.
- Include a note with your name, Email address, and short description of items sent in your packages. Without this information, we regret will not be able to confirm their receipt.



Thank you for your support.

No comments: