Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Crack o thirty

The Germanic farming genetics have been passed down to "The collective". Yesterday, the day began for the collective at 5:10am. I heard DH up with them, so I laid in bed thinking about how insane this was.

Dear Husband went on a run, a shower, I got a smooch and then I heard the bike start up. So I rolled my unhappy ass out of my bed.

By 6:00am we were out of doors. Not bad, it was 80 degrees. SO I watched squirrels. All 180 of them. (Slight exaggeration) I watched a woodpecker. I drank some coffee. Then the rake started calling my name. I think I filled 4 or 5 bags with pine needles, and leaves and then I ran out of bags.

At 10:30am, (it is 90 degrees) The Collective's stomachs were rumbling. They started making requests for eggs, ham, pancakes. However, they were filthy so they had a shower, and hair washed.

11:00am, brunch is served, and eaten. I had my morning chores ahead of me, beds to make, dishwasher to unload, laundry to wash, dry and fold.

I swear by noon I was wiped out, and I just wanted to sit and take a little cat-nap.

No such thing yesterday. No nap. I did manage to make cupcakes. Pink Ninja was so tired, she fell asleep at the dinner table.

However I did forget how 80 degrees feels for an hour at a time! Can I tell you, it was lovely.


Oh, and the good thing about this morning, there is not one single bag to fill.

Darn!

No comments: