Friday, August 25, 2006

Hell it has to be a fun City, Johnny Cash has been here....

Texarkana
~REM

20,000 miles to an oasis
20,000 years will I burn
20,000 chances I wasted
Waiting for the moment to turn
I would give my life to find it
I would give it all
Catch me if I fall
Walking through the woods I have faced it
Looking for something to learn
30,000 thoughts have replaced it,
Never in my time to return
I would give my life to find it
I would give it all
Catch me if I fall
All alone
Waiting to fall
40,000 stars in the evening
Look at them fall from the sky
40,000 reasons for living
40,000 tears in your eye
I would give my life to find it


So I am outta here, I am about to embark on adventure.....I am headed to the land where Smokey The Bandit began.

Texarkana Baby
~Roy Drusky
She's my Texarkana baby do I love her Lowdy Law
Her pappy came from Texas her maw from Arkansaw
She's got two eyes that twinkle like a good ol' country star
She's got a perfect figure that'll stop you wherever you are

The City where June Carter and Johnny Cash, first played together.

The city Scott Joplin was born, hell folks, he wrote "The Entertainer" for God's sake.

Selena Parez was born there.

Even the Large Eared Ross Perot, was birthed there.


Kenny Wegner's Surrender
~Mississippi Folk Song
Then I wandered through the country,
But I never could find rest,
Till I went to Texarkana,
Away out in the West.

Again I started drinking,
And again I pulled my gun
And within a single moment
The deadly work was done.


You may be wondering why the westward adventure. It is the nature of my Dear Husbands work. We will be privy to a pool, which is a treat. The 100 degree temperatures, have made us raisin like. The water, should wear out the children. The thought of this was not nearly as amusing, when I noted I would be meeting my Dear Husbands co-workers while wet, no makeup on, and in a swimsuit...

The joy. I have a difficult time with first impressions, imagine that. SO my confidence will be running HIGH, while in my swimsuit...wet, hair wet, no make up on. I will look so freaking impressive....the horror.

I've Been Everywhere
~Johnny Cash
I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Across the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere.

I've been to Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston,
Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black
Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.


So wish me luck folks, I have people to meet for the first time...HA. Now if that is not the perfect combitnation of a blog tale, I do not know what is.


Oh and the added bonus, I am taking the laptop, and my camera.

Just when I think I have lived through enough humiliating shit in my day...

Looks like things are just beginning.

Cotton Fields Back Home
~Buck Owens
Oh, when those cotton ball get rotten
You can't take very much rockin'
In them old cotton fields back home
It was back in Louisiana
Just about a mile from Texarkana
In those old cotton fields back home


Hoping that the cotton aint rotton...

Hoping The collective are feeling fair....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No cooking, no making beds... enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, everyone else will be wet and have wet hair and no makeup, too. :)