Sunday, April 13, 2008

Publicly speaking

This morning, SR did not want to go to children's church, he told me he would much rather sing our hymns, and sing instead of listen to all of the screaming in children's church...

I can't blame him.

So PN went to children's church, SR came with me to "big church". I have no idea why I have opted to call it "big church", but I do.

We had some great music this morning, we really did. And since I am not coughing every 2 seconds, I can sing out now. I am not a good singer, and I do not care, I like to sing.

After we sang for 20 minutes, the Pastor passed on several announcements, and then SR stood up and said he had an announcement to make. 300 pairs of eyes, followed his little voice. He announced it was my wedding anniversary. Everyone gave us an awwww....And then Pastor said, "how long have you been married?" SR piped up and told him, "you are silly, I am too young to be married". Gawfaws came pouring out...

I think I actually blushed, SR was solid, not afraid at all to stand up in a room that large and make announcements! Hilarious.

Then we sang this...



SR sang Harmony with me......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SR cracks me up! :)

Linda said...

Wow...we sang that today too!

You commented that you don't sing well...but you do. For the bible says: Psalms 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

Whether it sounds good to your neighbor, or to yourself, it all sounds wonderful to God. Because you do it for HIS glory, not for yours!

SR is a pretty cool kid. Think he might wanna marry my little girl someday? She's 7...and cute, to boot! And hey, we could hook PN and my boy up too....