Thursday, April 17, 2008

2 cups of coffee did nothing...

I took the children to their respective places today, came back home, and started moving furniture, and stuff....

and I have not heard a peep from the carpet folks.

they were supposed to be here at 10'ish...

So in typical fashion, i am now sitting here wondering IF and when they might show up....

Yesterday, I had to make my truck payment, normally I do this online, but we are in the process of changing banks, because of the move. So I went to the new bank. (who by the way is 3 1/2 weeks behind on my paperwork, I have yet to have my ATM card, etc....

Anywho, I stopped in to ask if they could electronically transfer money from my new account, to my old bank for the truck payment.

Bank: "We are not able to do that. you can wire it, but it will cost $15.00."

AWTM: "You are kidding right?"

Bank: "No."

AWTM: "OK, that seems like a fairly antiquated way of banking. I mean, ANYTHING can be done online. I can buy a human baby online, but I cannot transfer money?"

Bank: blank stare

AWTM: "So you are telling me, I hae to withdrawl, the $, and pony express it to the other bank?"

Bank: "I guess so"

*I have never tried to purchase a human baby online, I am not sure if it can be done, I was simply overdramitizing to prove a point. Freaking banks....*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Within the same bank, no problem. Bank to bank, mucho dinero.