Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary



*photo taken by DH's Grandfather Clifton, 17 years ago


17 years ago this morning, DH and and I woke in Lincoln Nebraska. He had been home for about 7 days from Desert Storm. We had spent the night in my garden level apartment, in a twin bed.

I remember being EXCITED, a tad bit nervous. BUT EXCITED....

The sun was shining, but the clouds were coming in. We had intended on gatting married at Hazel Abel park in the gazebo. However, the clouds stayed, and we were rained out. My roomate, kept telling me rain on your wedding day, meant the couple would be rich.

My something new, shoes DH had bought for me at Dilliards. They were $24.00. Funny how I remember that. Something old, was my dress. I borrowed a barette from my roomate for my hair. I cannot recall having anything blue on....

DH wore his uniform.

The ceremony ended up being at my church. DH and I drove to the church together with our witnesses. The ceremony was 20 minutes long.

Probably the best 20 minutes I have ever spent....

One of these days I will scan the photos.

17 years........And I think we have spent more anniversaries apart from one another, than together. But love is like that....

All is well. Life is easier when you have someone that has your back. Life is easier when you love someone.

I am truly blessed, and there is not a morning I wake where I am not thanking God.



I can remember
Standing-by the wall
And the guns-shot above our heads
And we kissed-as though nothing could fall
And the shame-was on the other side
Oh we can beat them-forever and ever
Then we could be heroes-just for one day

~Bowie.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Bless you and your family for your contributions to our freedom in this country.

And may you and your DH have MANY more years of happiness.