Sunday, April 06, 2008

Children get older....and I 'm getting older too.

OK, for the record, I wanted no part of my Dad helping me paint for a few reasons...

One of those reasons, he is a cardiac patient....he has actually been coded once? Once I think....and he then received a triple bypass....

oye.

oye...

There is another reason, my once athletic, and physical Father, is no longer physically active...

Long story, but i think he just misses my Mom #1. Number 2, he is retired, and spends his time with those who think physical activity is for people who want to lose weight...

Anywho today my Dad and i were painting the south side of the house. (that is the garage side for those who have visited.

I looked over and he was standing of the ladder. I heard a hammer hit concrete, and then heard a thump, and noted my Dad 20 feet away from the garage, and lying on the ground.

He lost his footing, and did some sort of stuntman roll.

Scared the living shit out of me, he also would not take my advice and stop climbing. I am 37, I can climb. I am not afraid of climbing, I have great balance. I will climb.

He is lucky he did not break a bone. I think all of those years he worked in a dairy factory and drank milk 6 times a day had to have helped.

It is painful to see my dad as rarely as I do, only to note such a physical decline. In fact just the other day my DH and I were talking on the phone, about a situation...and DH said..."I would never want to fight your Dad." the loss of my Mother, and retiring and aging...well it seems to catch me off guard when I see my Dad for more than 48 hours...

The collective are enjoying him, and he is loving them.

1/4 of the house left, and we just might be done.

No comments: