Friday, November 04, 2005

Till the Cows Come Home

The time change, has caused Dash to wake at 5:00am. I am thinking he has "Farmers blood", there is plenty of it on both sides. That is about the time you would go to the barn to milk cows.

I keep saying it over and over again, but I am not a morning person. I should not be allowed to talk to humans until I have had at least one cup of coffee.

I have had a couple of suggestions sent to me re: Dash's early waking. 1) Put him to bed later, he might wake later. (I have tried this, and it doesn't work. The kid has a fantastic inner clock. )
2) It was also suggested that I let him eat and watch TV. (This kid is very "Farmer". He thinks if he is up, the World ought to be up. You ought to be grateful and happy about the Sun rising. He also will make so much racket, the neighborhood will be up. )

My Dear Husband is a morning person, wakes up bright eyed, pleasant, and ready for the day. He loves morning. My Mom was also a morning person. She woke yammering and planning the take over of the free World at 4:30 am. This irritated my Father and I. When Dear Husband and I would go visit my folks. My Mom and Dear Husband would be up at 4:30, clanging pans, looking through recipe books. Talking about God knows what. My Father and I would eventually become irritated at them and we would leave the comfort of sleep and bed. Only to spend the next 2 hours trying to wake up. My Father and I do not wake bright eyed. We wake with our almond shaped eyes in small slits. The sun is to bright, and morning always comes to early.

The good news is Pink Ninja, is my sleeper in the mornings. I think she would sleep until 8:00am if Dash would let her. He wakes her daily, with a clang or scream. She wakes with squinted almond shaped eyes, just like me and my Dad.

5:00am is simply too early for this girl. 7:30 is about ideal for me. That is just about right. It ain't gonna happen for the next 16 years, so I better get used to living with Farmers.

Anyone know where I can buy some cattle?

No comments: